As an equal opportunity employer, we hire without consideration to race, religion, creed, color, national origin, age, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status or disability. We invite you to send your resume in .pdf format to email@example.com
POSITION: Director, External Financial Reporting
LOCATION: Jupiter, FL
REPORTS TO: Vice President, Chief Financial Officer
THE POSITION: Our Finance team is looking for an experienced Director of External Financial Reporting who will (i) assist in preparation and filing of a Form 10 to re-register the Company with the SEC and an up listing to the NASDAQ or another major exchange (ii) prepare and manage SEC filings (10K, 10Q’s, 8K’s etc.), assist in the earnings press release and conference call script preparation, and related documentation, (iii) assist in the development of the Company’s internal controls over financial reporting to achieve a combined audit opinion and (iv) other projects as requested.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Work closely with CEO, CFO, Controller, bankers, legal counsel, auditors and others within the organization to prepare and file Form 10 registration with the SEC and up listing with the NASDAQ.
- Responsible for the accurate and timely management of the Company’s external financial reporting process and regulatory filings, OTCQX and future SEC filings, including Annual Report, 10-K, 10-Q, 8-K, etc. working with internal management and external advisors of the Company.
- Prepare all financial statements, footnote disclosures, and management’s discussion and analysis (MD&A) for 10-K, 10-Q and 8-K filing. Review and sign-off financial disclosures in Company external presentations and press releases.
- Prepare and monitor disclosure checklists to verify compliance with SEC and GAAP reporting requirements
- Lead disclosure committee with senior management, external auditors, legal counsel, financial advisors and Board members to ensure timely review and sign-off of SEC Filings including Forms 10-K, 10-Q, 8-K, etc.
- Ensures compliance with all SEC, FASB, NASDAQ and eventual IFRS rules and regulations. Develop, implement and monitor policies and procedures.
- Review and maintain a system of internal controls over financial reporting to ensure effectiveness; update SOX processes and documentation as appropriate.
- Review and sign-off financial disclosures in Company external presentations and press releases.
- Jointly coordinate, with the controller, all activities with the external auditors.
- Work with accounting and IT teams to build tools and reports to improve financial reporting.
- Ad hoc research and special projects, as needed.
- Strong and extensive knowledge of SEC Reporting and US GAAP.
- Ability to stay knowledgeable about, research and reach well-reasoned conclusions on technical accounting matters.
- Strong attention to detail and organizational skills, demonstrated integrity and professionalism.
- SOX and internal controls experience.
- Leadership experience in prioritizing, organizing, planning and executing projects from conceptualization through implementation across multiple internal and external reporting and organizational lines.
- Excellent project managerial and interpersonal skills. Ability to motivate teams to produce quality materials within timeframes and manage conflicting priorities.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- Minimum 8-20 years of progressive financial reporting experience including a minimum of 6 years of hands-on SEC reporting (Form 10-K and 10-Q) and 3-5 years of experience in medium to large public accounting firm
- XBRL and Document Management knowledge (Merrill 3rd party processer)
- Ability to handle and meet multiple priorities and deadlines
- Ability to work independently, creatively and be curious about understanding the business
- Willingness to take independent initiative and communicate the results.
Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting
CPA, active license status required.